Education Minister to announce how Alberta will spend federal safe school funding

Article content continued

One-quarter of respondents to a weekend ATA survey of about 2,000 members said their largest classes would be between 30 to 40 students — making physical distancing a significant, if not impossible, challenge.

At a Tuesday press conference, Kenney said spending the money on cutting class sizes to 15 students was unrealistic, claiming such a proposal would cost $4 billion.

“The proposals to reduce class sizes in half are actually proposals to keep the schools shut,” he said.

“We appreciate the additional federal funding, but there is no world in which you could reduce class sizes in half and reopen the schools for the current school year … It’s simply fictitious. It has nothing to do with reality.”

Wednesday is the first day of school for the Edmonton Catholic district, and an estimated 4,400 students had not registered for in-person or online learning as of Tuesday.

Three-quarters of Edmonton Catholic students were expected to attend in-person classes on Wednesday, while approximately 25 per cent will receive online instruction starting Sept. 8. The division won’t know final enrollment numbers until later next week.

Edmonton Public is expecting 70 per cent of students in classrooms when their school year starts Thursday, and the other 30 per cent starting online learning that same day, based on figures from Aug. 24. Spokeswoman Carrie Rosa said final numbers may be updated later this week.

More to come


دیدگاهتان را بنویسید

hacklink al hd film izle php shell indir siber güvenlik türkçe anime izle Fethiye Escort android rat duşakabin fiyatları fud crypter hack forum bayan escort - vip elit escort lyft accident lawyer html nullednulled themesKamagrakameralı su tesisatçısıAşk Büyüsübuy stripe account