Article content continued
The province announced two deaths Tuesdays, a man in his 80s in the Edmonton Zone and a woman in her 90s in the North Zone. The woman in the north was a patient at the Heimstaed Seniors Lodge.
The latest deaths bring the provincial total to 241 since the beginning of the pandemic.
Provincial labs have completed 976,423 COVID-19 tests on 773,854 people.
Across Canada there have been 128,948 total cases, show the latest numbers from Health Canada. There have been 114,218 recoveries and 9,126 deaths in the country.
Globally there have been 25,327,098 confirmed cases and 848,255 deaths, the World Health Organization reports.
Alberta Health provided numbers for Edmonton Zone outbreaks as of Tuesday, Sept 1:
Acute care facilities
· Grey Nuns Community Hospital, Edmonton – five cases (all active)
Long term care facilities
· Capital Care Dickinsfield, Edmonton – four cases (all recovered)
· Good Samaritan Southgate, Edmonton – 83 cases (16 active cases, 36 recoveries, 31 deaths_
· Hardisty Care Centre, Edmonton – five cases (two active, three recovered)
· Kensington Village, Edmonton – four cases (three active, one recovered)
Supportive living/home living sites· Catholic Social Services St. Rita, Edmonton – three cases (all active)
· Greater Edmonton Foundation Seniors Housing Beverly Place, Edmonton – three cases (two active, one recovered)
· ICE Southridge Group Home, Edmonton – five cases (all recovered)
· Lifestyle Options Schonsee Retirement Community, Edmonton – nine cases (one active, seven recovered, one death)
· Salvation Army Grace Manor, Edmonton – eight cases (all active)
· Shepherd’s Care Vanguard, Edmonton – two cases (one active, one recovered)
· Tralee Residential Services, Edmonton – 10 cases (all recovered)